Wisconsin Food Manager Prep Course
The State of Wisconsin requires that each establishment must have at least one certified food service manager
who has passed an approved food safety exam.
The Learn2Serve 8 hour Food Manager online course supports all those who are
preparing for initial certification as a Food Safety Manager in the state of Wisconsin.
After completing our 8-hour food manager course, you can take this examination through the National Restaurant
Association(ServSafe®), Prometric®, or the National Registry of Food Safety Professionals®.
In addition and probably most conveniently, the Tavern League of Wisconsin offers regularly scheduled food
safety exams across Wisconsin. After completing the course, you may contact any testing center to take the food
manager test in person.
The fee for the test is $65.00 and is paid directly to the testing center. Wisconsin DOES
NOT allow the test to be taken online. (price is set by the testing center and correct at time of
Wisconsin 8-Hour Initial Certification Food Safety Manager Online
Course Description - Wisconsin Food Manager
The Wisconsin Food Safety Course for Initial Certification covers food safety issues, regulations, and
techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help you to better understand how handling food correctly
is not only the law, but it improves safety and lowers cost as well.
- Understand Food Safety, its importance, and those who enforce it
- Recognize food-borne illness and its causes
- Identify biological, physical, and chemical contamination
- Understand preservation and temperature control
- Recognize the importance of proper personal hygiene in the workplace
- Implement appropriate procedures to receive and store foods
- Understand cleaning, sanitization, pest control, and facility design
Our Food Manager certification, which is accredited in the United States of America by the Conference for Food
Protection and the American National Standards Institute, is a benchmark for the food industry and part of a global
standard in food safety education.
Follow these easy steps to receive your Wisconsin Food Manager Initial Certification:
- Sign up for the 8 hour Food Manager Initial Certification online course above.
- Successfully complete the 8 hour Initial Certification online course. You may print your completion
- Take the Wisconsin Food Manager Examination in person through the Tavern League of Wisconsin. After
completing the food safety prep course, call them at 1-800-445-9221 for the next available examination
Wisconsin Testing Center Locations:
|| Green Bay
|| Fond du Lac
|| La Crosse
|| Two Rivers
|| Mineral Point
|| Solon Springs
|| Wisc. Rapids
|| Wisc. Dells